Wednesday, April 02, 2008

HEALING THROUGH FIGHTING - Part Three God is Able!

Posted by Hannah at 9:00 AM

Part One we spoke of how God is LISTENING!

Psalms 28:1-2 GW By David. O LORD, I call to you. O my rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me. If you remain silent, I will be like those who go into the pit. (2) Hear my prayer for mercy when I call to you for help, when I lift my hands toward your most holy place.

Part Two we spoke of how God is JUST!

Psalms 28:3-5 GW Do not drag me away with wicked people, with troublemakers who speak of peace with their neighbors but have evil in their hearts. (4) Pay them back for what they have done, for their evil deeds. Pay them back for what their hands have done, and give them what they deserve. (5) The LORD will tear them down and never build them up again, because they never consider what he has done or what his hands have made.

Part three we go into the rest of this passage! GOD is ABLE!

Psalms 28:6-9 GW Thank the LORD! He has heard my prayer for mercy! (7) The LORD is my strength and my shield. My heart trusted him, so I received help. My heart is triumphant; I give thanks to him with my song. (8) The LORD is the strength of his people and a fortress for the victory of his Messiah. (9) Save your people, and bless those who belong to you. Be their shepherd, and carry them forever.

WOW what a change of attitude huh?

We must remember as David did in this passage what we must declare and have faith in him despite our circumstances!

What is David declaring here to you?

Make a list or comment here on who he is, what he does, and what he WILL do!

David has faith that God will hear him, and God will be just towards those that have caused him harm. He trusts God, and knows this and gives Thanks to God!

Ephesians 3:20-21 GW Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power he can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine. (21) Glory belongs to God in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time and eternity! Amen.

This passage shows there is hope for both the abused and the abuser! He can do 'more than we can ask or imagine!'

1) The abused can be healed, and your circumstances can change for the better! You can find good health, peace and joy again! NO God never promised a bed of roses, but he also didn't ask us to Martyr ourselves and our wellbeing (of those of the children) either! Remember Martyr's have a purpose, and enabling an abuser doesn't have purpose!

2) The abuser can be forgiven and set free from the abusive cycle! They may even be able to be a trusted and loved parent, spouse or friend! Once you are free of the abusive cycle you can begin the new chapter of your life, and live the life as God would have to do. YOU can break the cycle!


Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us.

HIS power is available to those who seek that personal relationship with Jesus Christ! You must do this in steps, and you must take use of it! You may fall again, but God will ask you to step up and try again! We need to act on the knowledge and do something to let God begin the process of releasing the power of healing, forgiveness, and change within us!

Psalms 28:7 GW The LORD is my strength and my shield. My heart trusted him, so I received help. My heart is triumphant; I give thanks to him with my song.

The above scripture is embraced wholeheartedly by some of us, and others want it to be true! Some due to the abuse in their lifes just can't see it. Abuse affects its victims in every area of the lifes: physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually! Its NOT limited to gender, income, race either. The goal is to come to the place in which you can embrace this, and confidently say, "The Lord is my strength, my heart trusts in him and I am helped!"

Tommorrow I will conclude!

Healing Through Fighting - Part one God is Listening

Healing Through Fighting - Part Two God is Just

Healing Throught Fighting - Conclusion


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |