Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poems about Domestic Violence

Posted by Hannah at 1:31 PM

Domestic Violence and the Workplace and Pantagraph.com posted three poems of domestic violence on their sites.

One truly hit me hard.

What It Means To Be A Victim

I am the beast

Which you have lain upon the alter

An offering to an angry God

I am the one

Chosen for purity's sake

Whose throat will be slit

As my blood spills out

Ask yourself

Have you come closer to God?

Is God now happy?

As my blood runs down the street

Ask yourself

Can we now find peace?

Or must we come back to this alter?

Again and again

I am the one

That sacrificial beast


I think the church needs to FEEL this one so that we can stop the sacrificial alter calls.



Additional Poems:

You can't

What It Means To Be A Victim

A Chosen Vessel

Will You Love me To Death

Shattered Pieces

Recycled Rose

Saturday Night Special

Walls





If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |