Monday, August 31, 2009

Chris Brown and his Mother

Posted by Hannah at 6:13 PM

I saw a statement by Chris Brown's mother, and it just took me back!

Chris Brown's mother Joyce has released a statement, saying, "I just want to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for your continued support. I'm sorry I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone as this case was ongoing. I can now say this has been the most painful moment in my entire life, but knowing that you were still standing by Chris side in his time of need made this a little easier for us... I made a promise to him I would never be ashamed of him no matter where I am or who I talk to. You see this whole thing isn't about Chris it's about God. He wants to show all of you the goodness of him through Chris. Chris will be addressing all of his fans very soon. We love you so much and so does God."


I have to wonder how she thinks this will happen? From where I sit right now this poor woman is in denial, and she can't help him from that position.

If he can come to a place of full repentance, and that means more than the apology video we saw - is that what she might mean? I have to wonder at this point if she truly realizes what that means and encompasses!

All I can say is she has a very broken son, and I hope he is healed and comes to that place. I just found it an odd comment.

Anyone else?


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

2 comments:

Delilah on 9:59 AM said...

I totally agree with your feelings that Chris' mother is in denial and this will only be detrimental to him. No where in the quote above do I see her address Rihanna and her well being and her need for support!

This mother and her quick to forgive with no consequences attitude is just allowing him to think what he did wasn't all so bad. She should be ashamed of his behavior and be doing all she can to rectify it instead of looking for the easy way out!

Hannah on 10:27 AM said...

I watched part of the Larry King interview with them, and she was truly having a hard time accepting the reality of the situation. She could not accept that he could have learned - or however you wish to word it - from the past. His stepfather was abusive to them. She pretty much felt it didn't have much of an impact on him. She felt that SURE some children can follow behaviors, but he didn't for some reason.

To me? It was very telling.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |