Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil

Posted by Hannah at 12:44 PM

Jaycee Lee Dugard as many know by now has been found after 18 years. I was reading a story on Yahoo, and a few others about the fact people KNEW he was there with the children.

The quotes from these neighbors and others just made me cry. You hear about the ONE call to the police - ONE in 18 years. It makes me sick.

Its like the world has just decided that we just close our eyes, and stick to our own personal business. We can't get involved even with a anonymous call to the police. One person in 18 years did that. That fact makes me very angry! Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil!

They are going to want to hang the police out to dry for missing things when they did come to the house, and never bothered going into the backyard where they were. We don't know all the circumstances around that yet, but you just watch no one will wish to look at all the others that blew things off as well.


Damon Robinson has lived next door to the Garridos for more than three years and his then-girlfriend in 2006 told him she saw tents in the backyard and children. Kids on the block called him "Creepy Phil."

"I told her to call police. I told her to call right away," he said.


Monica Adams, 33, whose mother lives on their street, said she knew Phillip Garrido was a sex offender and that he had children living with him. Other neighbors knew, too, but they assumed police were keeping tabs on him.

"He never bothered any one, he kept to himself," Adams said. "What would we have done? You just watch your own."


hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil

It makes me wonder how many other people are in similar situations under people's noses that they don't want to get involved in. How many others KNOW of molesters having children in their homes, and NOT wishing to call the police. We need to just WATCH our own!

Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil!

The detached nature and the rose colored glasses people use. Is is any wonder WHY so much abuse is present in the world?

How many more stories does the world need to hear about when you are talking AWFUL circumstances like this, and come to find out no one did a thing.

One campus personnel that had an hint something wasn't right, and NOW she and her children get to find ways of surviving life. One person with very little contact had enough compassion for fellow humans to go the extra mile. Thank the LORD for that person!

People are going rage about the sick mind of Phillip Garrido. There is no doubt that man is, but we never look to ourselves do we? What is wrong with US as a society when we have so many clues, and never do anything to follow up on them?

To me - Phillip Garrido isn't the only one with issues. We aren't going to look further are we?

That to me is the saddest part. I will be praying for Jaycee and everyone involved with her. Goodness knows they have such a hard road ahead. I can't even imagine! Phillip Garrido and his wife are responsible for the kidnapping and what happened afterwards, but 'we look after our own' attitude played into the length of time Jaycee and her family had to endure this.

When are we going to realize the "Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil" stand isn't working! We can't stop child abuse or sexual abuse until we take a good hard look ourselves.


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

4 comments:

pmPilgrim on 8:24 PM said...

Thank you for this great post. I will be quoting it and commenting in my blog on Wednesday next week. Keep up the excellent work.

Hannah on 9:45 PM said...

Thank you pmPilgrim! I look forward to reading your blogs as well!

Amy on 10:48 AM said...

I can't tell you how timely this post is for me. I'm in a situation where my son's 16-year-old girlfriend is being psychologically abused by her single mom. I am leaving a marriage because of being a victim of verbal, mental and emotional abuse and have felt anger for people siding with my h because he is a good guy or just not wanting to interfere. I always said that if my boys and I had outward wounds and scars no one would be hesitating to step in and say this is wrong.
Now here I am as one who has to figure out how to help this young woman w/o causing her more harm.
Hannah, if you have any resources to help me know how to approach this situation and talk with the mom. I'm sure she is a narcissist and I know from my own life that no matter how you approach them, they do not like being found out and I don't want to make this worse for the young woman who is still living at home.
Thank you!

Hannah on 10:35 AM said...

Amy: That is a hard spot to be placed in. I think I would try to be her soft spot for right now. She doesn't have the option to leave her situation, and she will need it.

I think I would find other sources to confront her mother at this point - due to the mother's nature. Don't give mom any excuse for her NOT to accept you, and thus taking away that soft place to land. Does that make sense?

Are their resources at her school? Have you asked about resources locally for her from your DV shelter, or another organizations in your area that deals with teens? I think I would start there, and find her resources that will confront mom for you. That's not to say you can't give those organizations a heads up, and not keep up with it. Network for her I guess is what I'm saying. Try to distance yourself enough from that help that mom doesn't get threatened by you, and attempt to take away this girl's soft spot to land - you and your son.

She needs a safe place - and that would be you at point. Allow her to keep that, and find other sources to push for the rest.

Does that make sense?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |