Sunday, October 19, 2008

Speak out about faith and domestic violence

Posted by Hannah at 11:56 AM

EDC Creations eSpot has an article about an author named Cheryl Lacy Donovan. Cheryl Donovan is the award winning author of Women What the Hell are You Thinking and the soon to be released Ministry of Motherhood.

I enjoyed this quote:

The bottom line is, love should never hurt. Domestic violence is never acceptable. It goes contrary to any religious teachings. Expecting a victim of domestic violence to simply pray about a situation and expect it to go away is ludacris. Encouraging a victim to keep the family together because it is what God would want is not scriptural or moral. Communities of faith need to open their eyes and understand the important role that they play in the fight against domestic violence. Training programs and outreach can assist congregants who may be experiencing physical or psychological abuse.


Good for Cheryl Donovan and her speaking out about faith and domestic violence!


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

2 comments:

My Journey so Far... on 10:34 AM said...

Wow, it's amazing to hear this for once in my life.
After 20 years of emotional and verbal abuse and everyone around me telling me to pray more I basically gave up hope of ever healing and getting over it.

I will have to get her book. I'm ready to be whole again and I'm tired of Christian women telling me I just don't pray enough or am not in a close enough walk with the Lord.

Amy

Hannah on 4:25 PM said...

Amy:

You are fair from alone.

You and I are the reason I started to write this blog - over my confusion of this issue, and how the church tends to handle such issues. Its awful.

God states alot more than pray more, etc - ALOT more! I find that fear of confronting the issue is more like it as far as the churches are concerned it seems.

My prayers are with you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |