Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Jahmene Douglas Titanium

Posted by Hannah at 12:48 PM

Jahmene Douglas and His mother MandyRecently, I came across a video by a young many named Jahméne Douglas.  From what I understand he is in a competition on the show called, X Factor.  They judge forms of entertainment on this show, and Mr. Douglas sings. 

 

 

 

If you take a look at his audition you can see why he is so popular right now.  He just blew the judges socks off!

 

Jahmene Douglas audition sings Etta James ‘At Last”

 

He released a song recently called, ‘Titanium’.  All its proceeds are going to the domestic violence organization in England.

 

Jahmene, 22, who still suffers after witnessing Mandy being tortured with a blowtorch by his dad, is also a youth ambassador for the charity. His first single will be released next week and he has vowed to donate his profits to Women's Aid, as a way to continue improving services for domestic abuse victims.

 

He speaks about the domestic violence he grew up with, and how his father went to jail for the last time he tortured his mother.  Sadly, he lost his brother to suicide and it was said he did this because he couldn’t take the pressure, torture of the family dynamics that plagued him his whole life.

 

He speaks about how his faith helped him in his childhood, and how he made the decision to be opposite of his father as far as demeanor and his abusive nature.  He seems like a shy young man, and very devoted to his mother.  He looks forward to having his own wife and family once the time comes.

 

I have enclosed his video called, Titanium.  All profits from the sale of this song will go towards the Women’s Refuge, and help those dealing with domestic violence.

 

Jahmene Douglas Titanium

 

Here are the Lyrics:

 

You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet
you shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
ricochet, you take your aim
fire away, fire away
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

Cut me down, but it's you who'll have further to fall
Ghost town and haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud, not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
ricochet, you take your aim
fire away, fire away
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

I am titanium

I am titanium

Stone hard, machine gun
Fired at the ones who run
Stone hard, as bulletproof glass

You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

I am titanium

 

X Factor finalist Jahmene Douglas proudly shows off his brave mother Mandy at Empowering Women Awards

Mandy Wood (his mother) donation page for Domestic Violence

Me winning would give mum that hope she's always needed to move on

X Factor's Jahmene Douglas: “My mother’s screams will stick with me until the day I die”




If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |