Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Domestic Abuse and Fashion??

Posted by Hannah at 2:26 PM




I'm not so sure I'm all that red hot crazy about this ads! I'm sure their heart is in the right place, but I find these in bad taste! I honestly don't feel this is the best way to get the message across.

What do you think? Colors of Domestic Violence by Bennetton





If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

4 comments:

Unknown on 4:52 PM said...

The ad itself does not bother me. However, I did notice that the women portrayed seemed to be of other ethnicities other than caucasian, that sends a stereotypical message. The ads should be concentrating on breaking common stereotypes rather than perpetuating them. Someone didnt think that one out so well...its a shame.

Miss Music on 6:35 PM said...

What is their intent? If it is to sell clothing, the ads are in extremely poor taste. However, if they are meant to draw attention to the scourge of domestic violence, they could be very effective.

Hannah on 6:41 PM said...

WHO knows what their intent is! I don't know how well dress fashion models are going to get the scourge part across personally!

These ads just made me sick. BLECK!

Hannah on 6:43 PM said...

The ethic part may be because of where the company is based. I'm not sure.

I guess I missed the point of the ads. They bother me tho - LOL Can you tell?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |